Stamps, etc., sold
Stamps, envelopes, post cards, letter cards and aerogramme are sold at all Post Offices, including Sub-Post Offices and Receiving Offices.
Value of Stamps
Stamps sold by the Post Office are of the following values:-
|Rs. 1.00||Rs. 2.00||Rs. 2.50||Rs. 3.00|
|Rs. 3.50||Rs. 4.00||Rs. 4.50||Rs. 5.00|
|Rs. 10.00||Rs. 13.50||Rs. 16.50||Rs. 17.00|
|Rs. 18.00||Rs. 20.00||Rs. 23.00||Rs. 25.00|
|Rs. 26.00||Rs. 30.00||Rs. 33.00||Rs. 40.00|
|Rs. 50.00||Rs. 100.00||Rs. 200.00|
Rs. 500.00 and Rs. 1,000.00. Stamps are revenue stamps other than above mentioned stamps and cannot be used as postage stamps nor should be used for mailing articles. Their use is restricted to legal instruments and the like.
No stamp of any value exceeding Rs.200.00 will be accepted in payment of charges under the Post Office Ordinance.
|Stamped 10 cents, small and thin||6.00 each|
|Post Cards Stamped||4.00 each|
|Post Pack Envelop||20 00 each|
|Post Pack Box (small)||35.00 each|
|Post Pack Box (medium)||60.00 each|
|Post Pack Box (large)||160 00 each|
Spoilt or Defaced Stamps
For the payment of postage no postage stamp whether adhesive, embossed, or impressed shall be used, which
- has been obliterated, defaced, torn, cut, or otherwise rendered imperfect;
- has at the time of posting any word, letter, figure, or design written, printed, or impressed upon it, otherwise than by the authority of Government; or
- has been cut or otherwise separated from stamped stationery; Provided that nothing in this rule shall be deemed to prohibit the perforation of postage stamps with initials or other identifying marks traced in minute holes.
Note.-Postage stamps printed or impressed on envelopes, letter cards, or post cards, may be used in prepayment of postage on any postal article, provided such stamps are not cut or otherwise separated nor ore they imperfect, mutilated defaced in any way and the whole of the address side of such stamped stationery is affixed to the article. Where post cards are affixed to any postal article of another class for prepayment of postage, the superscription “Post Card” on the address side should be neatly struck off before the article is consigned to the post.
Penalty for using defaced Stamps
The using for the payment of postage or postal fees, with intent to cause loss to the Government, of a stamp that has already been used for that or any other purpose, is an offence punishable with two (2) year imprisonment, or with fine, or both imprisonment and fine.
- International reply coupons at Rs. 125.00 each can be purchased at the General Post Office, Colombo. Any other Post Office, at which application is made for International reply coupons, will obtain them for the applicant.
- The holder of a reply coupon received from another country entitled on presenting it at any Post Office in Sri Lanka, to receive exchange a postage stamp or stamps (as may be desired) of the vale of Rs. 50.00 for an International reply coupon.
- முத்திரை மற்றும் முத்திரையுடன் தொடர்பான காகிதாதிகள்
- அஞ்சலை நிருவகிக்கும் யாப்பு
- அஞ்சல் அனுப்புதல் மற்றும் கிடைத்தல்
- அஞ்சலிடும் சான்றிதழ்
- அஞ்சலிடப்பட்ட அஞ்சல் பொருட்களை மீளப் பெற்றுக் கொள்ளுதல்
- அஞ்சல் ஒப்படைப்பு
- ஒப்படைக்க முடியாத அஞ்சல் பொருட்களை வைத்துக் கொள்ளலும் அது சம்பந்தமாக நடவடிக்கை எடுத்தலும்..
- அஞ்சலை பாதுகாத்து வைத்தல்
- அஞ்சல் அறிமுக அட்டை