Philatelic Bureau of the Department of Posts, Sri Lanka will issue 4 numbers of se-tenant stamps to celebrate Sinhala-Hindu New Year 2012 on 10th April, 2012 at Postal Headquarters, Colombo at 11.00 a.m..
Technical Details -
- Denominations - Rs. 5.00 x 4
- Designer - Mr. Piyaratne Hewabatage
- Size - 40 mm x 40 mm
- Format - Square
- Printing process - Offset Lithography
- Sheet composition - 16 stamps (4 sets) per sheet
- Perforation - 13 1/4
- Printer - Department of Government Printing, Sri Lanka
- Colours - 4 process colours
- Paper - 102 gsm snow white security stamp paper with fibres
- Gum - PVA
- Quantity printed - 2,50,000 x 4
- First Day Cover value - Rs. 40.00
- Last date of sale - 10.04.2013
Orders for supply of the new postage stamps and first day covers should be addressed with full particulars to the Director, Philatelic Bureau, Postal HQ, Colombo 01000, Sri Lanka and should be accompanied by an International Money Order or Bank draft drawn in favour of "Postmaster General's People's Banka A/C No. 046-1001-49027330" and forwarded to the Director, Philatelic Bureau.
Uncertified personal cheques are not acceptable.